Why choose Leahy O’Riordan
There are three reasons – experience, expertise and value for money. We have been providing these services for more than 25 years. Our managing partner represents the interests of the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies in their dealings with the Companies Registration Office, providing a practical insight into the operation of the law in this area. Finally, we were one of the very first firms to file company returns electronically; this appetite to stay abreast of technology allows us to complete our work quickly, accurately and in a value-for-money manner.
New Companies Act
Irish company law is on the cusp of enormous change, greater than anything in the last 50 years. These changes will affect every existing Irish company. We are available to help directors as to how these changes apply to their company.
The changes proposed revolve around the following areas
- Single director companies
- Company designation options
- Company constitution
- Director duties
Services we provide
We provide the full range of company secretarial services. These are delivered in a manner designed to save time and money for you. Services are provided to trading, non-trading and not-for-profit companies. The services include company formation, compliance services, corporate restructuring and corporate governance advice.
For Directors and Secretaries
We provide advice on the following:
- Duties of directors and secretaries.
- Appointment, retirement and removal.
- Disclosure of interests in shares, property and contracts.
- Statutory declarations.
- Directors’ residency requirements.
- Loans to directors.
- Replying to queries from the Director of Corporate Enforcement and the Company Registrar.
- Responding to queries from liquidators or receivers
We provide the following:
- Preparation and issue of agenda, notices, consents, minutes and proxy forms for meetings.
- Advising on the law and procedure of meetings.
- Minute taking.
- Provision of a venue for board meetings.
To ensure compliance with ever-increasing corporate obligations, members of our Company Secretarial and Compliance team work closely with our clients to ensure their individual needs are met in a cost-effective manner.
Our compliance services include the following:
- Maintaining and updating the statutory books
- Acting as electronic filing agents
- Acting as Company Secretary
- Maintaining the company seal.
- Attending to any changes in directors, shareholders or shareholdings
- Attending company meetings and preparing minutes.
- Providing company secretarial compliance health checks
- Company restorations
- Arranging for the voluntary dissolution of companies